Imagine if the US was hundred times safer than it is today. What behaviors would you change in your daily life? Japan is actually several hundred time safer than the US in terms of crime rates and I noticed the following differences:
- Elementary school children take the subway by themselves to school and they already have cellphones.
- Women walking by themselves at night.
- No cage around vending machines in public areas.
- People sleeping in public typically drunk.
- People waking around with their wallets hanging our of their pockets.
- Laptops aren’t chained to the desk at work.